Duck confit and mushroom tartine Ingredients (4 servings) 4 slices of crusty bread of your choice (olive, Italian, cheese, grapes)...
- 300 g macaroni
- 40 g salted butter
- 40 g all-purpose flour
- 500 ml milk
- 250 ml strong cheddar cheese
- 250 ml Swiss cheese
- 1 bag of mushroom purees
- 175 g pancetta, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 250 mL white wine
- 45 ml Japanese breadcrumbs
- 30 ml olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350’F
- Cook macaroni until noodles are al dente and set aside.
- Chop the onion and garlic and dice the pancetta.
- In a saucepan, over medium heat, add olive oil and brown the pancetta.
- Set aside on a plate.
- In the same pan, add the onion and garlic and sweat.
- Deglaze with white wine and reduce by 2/3.
- Add the butter and wait until it is melted. Then add the flour and mix with a wooden spoon.
- Once you see that everything is homogeneous, add the milk.
- Over medium heat, stirring constantly so that your mixture doesn’t stick to your pan. (To see if your béchamel sauce has reached the right consistency, take the back of your wooden spoon, dip it in the sauce and run your finger over the spoon. If it doesn’t drip, it has reached the desired consistency).
- Add your mushroom puree, 3/4 of the cheese, season, and mix well.
- Add the macaroni and mix.
- Put everything in an ovenproof dish.
- Add remaining cheese and Japanese breadcrumbs on top.
Bake for 5 to 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Prepare parmesan shavings with a vegetable peeler.
- Garnish your plates with the parmesan shavings.